View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankap View Post
I don't need convincing at all. I don't read enough on my iphone to justify the cost.

Don't get me wrong. Marvin is very, very nice for people who want to play with their ebook collection, and play with ebook reader settings and features.

It's just overkill for my personal needs. I have Marvin on my iPad. I don't ever use it.
I don't really "play" with my ebook collection nor do I "play" with ebook reader settings and features. However, I do customize settings so Marvin works and looks how I want it to after which I never bother changing the settings again (except font size and margins depending on default publisher formatting).

I realize where you're coming from but the price point is actually one that's been discussed in the Marvin Reader thread and was considered fair by a number of users. Unfortunately, it's hard to strike a balance between price and revenue and I'm sure that it's been a difficult decision for the app developer. Marvin is a pretty niche software and by its nature, one where ads would probably not be tolerated.

I reckon those not needing Marvin's advanced features would probably be quite content with iBooks or something. Marvin for iPad is free so if someone has an iPad, they can use that to gauge whether the features on Marvin for iPhone would be worth paying $5 for. Alas, I know that doesn't really help users who don't have an iPad on which to try Marvin.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote