View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
... I'm afraid I couldn't agree with you less CC is the only book app I've used (on android or eink devices) which allows me to set secondary/tertiary/etc sort fields from the device. My standard sort sequence is Author/Series[Index]/Title - OK, it currently takes 3 sort passes to get me there - but how would I achieve that at all with what you're suggesting. Now, if you were suggesting a feature to cycle around a personal set of 'saved sort sequences', I could happily vote for that, but that's probably not so easy.
Two things:

1) I did ask for it as an option. I certainly don't want to force my way of doing things on everyone. I am only suggesting as easier way for me that might be useful for more people.

2) I'm trying to figure out what you are doing with your three sorts. It seems to me that unless you have a lot of books with the same title, your third sort is going to wipe out the first two. I do multiple pass sorts a lot in Calibre, but only on fields that have a few values. So, if I sort by Title and then by rating, it will show the books sorted by rating with the individual ratings in alphabetical order. It seems like you are going to end up with just a title sort.

Or did you mean you do title and then series and then author? I guess that makes more sense, but wouldn't it be easier to group by author and then do whatever other sorting you want to?
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote