View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #226
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I am not sure whether I am inspecting the right files now. Yesterday, I factory reset my Touch and updated via desktop to 2.5.0. I selected all offered dictionaries and syncronized. Strangely, among the 19 dictionaries only two worked (Italian definition dictionary and Spanish definition dictionary; though I know that the English dictionary works for ShellShock). In the database all entries in the dictionary table looked ok to me. I manually installed 2.4.0 over 2.5.0 (note: without removing the new dictionaries), and everything is working again.
I just opened some of the dictionaries and see that the filestamp of the html files is rather old (07.08.2012 in dicthtml.zip and dicthtml-de.zip; the words files are even older than that). Is this the same with you or are my files somehow messed up?

Yesterday I already had a look at the new dictionaries. I was looking whether there are still some not encrypted. The Japanese dictionary was still plain text, but since it did not work on my Touch anyway, I thought there is not much to be learned from it about a new format or so (and I did not see anything new).
I am a little clueless right now.

German dictionary is still plain text (provided I am really looking at the new files; actually the html files are the same as in the "old" dictionary). Is this dictionary working under 2.5.0 on anyone's device?

Last edited by tshering; 04-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote