View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Touch panel with full screen scribble

I am not sure if it's a touch device,
I think you answered your own question ... its up in the specs you listed and that I excerpted above. However, this is the one 'promise' that makes me doubtful about their ability to deliver.

I would love to see touch screen annotation in a book reader for reading professional books. However, I'm not sure that the state of the technology is ready. After reading comments on the current touch screen e-ink devices my take is that e-ink today simply can't refresh fast enough for a natural feeling touchscreen annotation. I think that touch screen would require either non-eink or a faster generation of eink.

So, I'm looking for comments from others. My comments are based on second hand observations from this board. What do you think, is touch screen annotation ready for prime time? Maybe with the epson controller?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote