View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
But if that's the case, wouldnt' the reader show two books?
Not necessarily. If the metadata is the same, the reader might show only one of them.
Quote:
And there's nothing on the reader's main memory except one of the books that came with it... I never put any books on it, ONLY on the secondary card. (I just double checked this..yep, still true).
What is on Card A?
Quote:
Using your suggestion to "Remove matching books from device" it only shows one copy of the book on my reader (screenshot attached).
Well, that is a mystery.

The (almost the) same code is used to generate the count and produce that dialog box. One gets 2 and one gets 1. Sigh... I suppose I must look carefully at the 'almost' part.

I will get back to you if I need more information that you can reasonably provide. Posting me your reader is probably not reasonable.

Do you have zillions of books on the reader? If not, and if you are willing, it would almost certainly be helpful to have copies of the two Sony databases. This issue is size. It is feasible if the zipped version of a database is smaller than a meg or 2. Input into your consideration: know that I would be able to see titles and authors for all the books, something you might consider an invasion of your privacy.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote