View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Oh and despite their own computer illiteracy, they had the foresight to buy me a computer very early on. It was an IBM PC. It had four colors. I loved it. I was around 12.

eP
I didn't get a computer until I was in my first master's program! I begged and begged my parents to get me one for years, to no avail. I couldn't afford one myself until I was about halfway through my masters (I paid my own way through university, and I didn't want to take out any student loans, so I was perpetually broke, and computers were quite a bit more pricey back then). I did try to teach my mom how to use the internet, but as she doesn't have a computer she doesn't have any way to practice what I've taught her.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote