View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
My father has never used a computer before. He's 52. All of the contact between him and family/friends is done by phone. If he needs to do any banking/pay bills he goes to the bank. The only piece of mdern technology that he owns is a cell phone, and even that he can only use to make a call if he knows the number without needing to into his contacts.

I should mention though that he's originally from a very small village in India and he's very old school and didn't have much of an education. Computers are very intimidating to him. I got him to play Super Nintendo once and I was laughing so hard I fell off my chair.

There are still a lot of people like him out there I'm sure. People from other countries or small towns where they grew up without any of the technology that we have other than a phone. It can be intimidating to people, to the point where they will refuse to learn how to use any of it.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote