View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Today, I have made yet another attempt to start using Calibre as my e-book cataloging tool.
Until now I have been using it mainly as a tool to convert files.

I have found several things that I do not know how to deal with.

1. I have book in a single html file. Such file is perfectly readable in my PocketBook reader. I imported the html file into Calibre and Calibre made a zip of the html file plus some other files it created. The problem is, my reader doesn't read such zipped files, so I can't load that to my device. I tried to convert the html file into epub. Calibre choked on conversion. On some html files Calibre simply chokes, on other html files the conversion takes unbelievably long time. Like 6 minutes.

2. One of very few formats my device does not read is lit. Excellent! I will use fantastic conversion abilities Calibre packs. Ha! On half of the files the Calibre chokes (doesn't finish conversion in more than 45 minutes per file) the rest of the files take many minutes (per file) to process.

I do not understand. This is not computer with 86286 processor, but multi-threaded Pentium 4 processor with *lots* of power.
I have installed little Linux utility (I use Mint Linux 9. - one of many Ubuntu clones) called lit2epub. lit2epub can convert any of those problematic lit files in a few seconds.

Is it possible to configure Calibre to use for conversion from lit to epub an external lit2epub program? Or use directly convertlit that lit2epub secretly uses ;-) ?

Is it possible to tell Calibre not to convert stand-alone html files to .zip archives (or at least save it back as html file when I choose Save to disk -> Save single format to disk and select html as output?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote