Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #231
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
About this problem (the modified books are copied back to the Calibre library): I've found the cause. The "fetch annotation(experimental)" option does this, and not just with the book I'm getting the annotations from, but with all the books on the reader.

So it's a warning: do not use "fetch annotations" on kepub.epubs!
It isn't just for kepub.epubs, epubs are being copied back as well. I'll have a look at why.

Later:

OK, simple fix. It looks like some copied code for cases where the annotations are stored in a file on the device and the file is copied as well as putting the annotations in the main memory. I'll take this out for this weeks calibre. But there is a file with annotations for epubs in the main memory. I don't think it is worthwhile copying this file, but, I'll have a look at it.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-28-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Fix found
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote