View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Hitch, Could it be that the font-size stuff was done directly in the text rather than via styles? I'm not sure what the EPUB standard has to say on that aspect, but wondering if it could be the reason for the rejection.

Cover size is fairly understandable, some reseller sites are pretty clear on that subject, not just Apple. (It does seems a shame to me that a file containing a book can be made up mostly of the cover-image.)
Not in this lifetime. We do not use any inline styles, period. Other than word-specific italics and bold, every style in every book we make is in the Stylesheet.

The cover image issue is not new to us, due to Apple. The client asked for our standard MOBI and ePUB--without the bloat--and that's what he got. Now he wants to be published on iBooks, I presume (that's the reason most go to SW if they can), to get his 2 sales per year there, so we'll make him another book, but...just another fragmentation for ebook-makers, as if there weren't enough already.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote