Thread: Literary X February 2020
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 AM   #24
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
Sorry I'm a little late to announcing the results but I just got back from a little Oscars party, which I wouldn't have mentioned except that I want to say how excited I was that Parasite won so many awards including Best Picture. I even won a bet on it, heh. It's such a great film but it's foreign language, from South Korea, so it had an uphill battle and is the first foreign language film to win Best Picture at the Oscars. Most were predicting 1917 to win as it had won Best Picture at all the other major award ceremonies including the Baftas. While 1917 is a good and uniquely shot film (it's filmed as if one long take) it's definitely very much a violent war story which it almost need not be said anymore that I'm not so keen on violent war stories lol, but still it's very well done and I enjoyed it. Anyway, I'd highly recommend Parasite, and the same director Bong Joon-Ho has another film from a decade or so ago called Mother that's one of my favourite films and which I also highly recommend (although I feel like I might've mentioned that one here before), and Mother didn't get nearly as much attention so I'm glad to see the director's work being so recognised now.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote