View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 01:28 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If it was a RMDSK problem, wouldn't we be hearing more complaints from Nook, Sony, ...
I only played with one Sony touch screen (600?) and it had the same issue I've noted on Kobo's ereaders where you have to hit the small spot for the footnote pretty much spot on. Is there something inherently evil in using an entire word as the hot spot rather than a single character? Hitting vermine1 is easier than hitting 1 (visualize the 1's as superscripted half-size characters) -- the vermine comes from Terry Pratchett's Sourcery. On Kobo's when you use the ACCESS renderer, it seems to allow a larger margin of error and uses popup footnotes makes returning to your place in a book much easier.

Not sure about the Nook but I seem to remember quite a few complaints about selecting footnotes and returning from them along with complaints where reading an epub using the Nook application allowed accessing the footnotes but on a Nook eInk device, they didn't work or worked erratically.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote