View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Alibaba / Aliexpress site a complete rip-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when ordering from AliBaba. It's 90% scammers and unfortunately the site management doesn't really do anything about it. I ordered a Boox from what was puported to be a validated seller and he sent me a cheap fake. I'm now bogged down in mediation and trying to get my money back. I'd advise not using this site at all to be honest, even if it does cost you a little more, it's not worth the drama.
Yes Lexy it seems I spoke too soon.

I had exactly the same problem - probably even the same vendor!

Beware!

I did have a previous good experience with AliExpress - I bought a well-made 15-minute hourglass that arrived quickly and well-packed, and was affordable.

However this experience has taught me never to use them again.

Lexy, forget about mediation with them. It takes too long. Just get a chargeback through your credit card company (probably via your bank). That's what I successfully did.

Good luck. I will only be buying electronics from now on through carefully-vetted companies.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote