View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Kindle international in UK

I'm in an endless loop comparing all the ereaders and had some questions about the Kindle International. I'm unlikely to buy books via amazon and I'll just be wanting to read the ebooks on my PC (mostly txt, pdf and a few epubs files) and other free books over net. Few questions:
  • Can I side load my ebooks onto the kindle? (if I can then I presume I'm not locked into amazon or am I missing something).
  • Does the 3G work for UK users?
  • Can I access any web page or is it just amazon? (I'd read that some users can access anywhere while other sites say not - confused).
  • Can I post to forums or send web email?
  • Is there a charge for 3G access?
  • Is the TTS acceptable?
  • I assume the international is bought through amazon.com but does it come with an English (or European) power plug?
  • Can I download books directly onto the kindle from the free sites or here?
It's a bit confusing with different versions of the Kindle, different versions of the firmware and different capabilities in different countries. Just to repeat that I'm in the UK so telling me it works find in NY won't help much

Cheers

Mike
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote