View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
I live in Eastern NC, which is about as rural and country as it gets these days, and there were 4 bookstores within an hours drive that had multiple Kobo Glo's in stock when I was out looking to buy one. It's not a geography thing so much as whether or not a particular bookstore wishes to enroll in the program. I did notice when I looked at the list of participating stores on the indiebound website that it had grown a good bit since I purchased my Kobo. Just out of curiousity, I looked it up and they show quite a few bookstores in the Hartford Ct area, some of which state they sell the Kobo.
Hmm...when I looked on the kobo website, I found 1 that was within an hour of Hartford, and 2 that were a little over an hour away. The closest one to Hartford is at the main UCONN Co-op in Storrs, which is about 40 minutes from Hartford. The 2 next closest are about an hour away. The only time I will drive more than 20 minutes for shopping is if I am going somewhere that I can get a lot of shopping done. Unfortunately, none of the three bookstores listed are in an area where there is anything else. The one exception is possibly the one in Madison--I may stop in there if I go down to the beach, and if I can find parking anywhere in downtown Madison. (Parking is always a problem there)

Shari

Last edited by shalym; 06-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote