View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #66
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Yes, Maps looks like a disaster, at least in the short term. Not only that, but it's so US-centric that it cuts off postal codes after 5 digits.

People are saying it will get better, that having a massive population use it will swiftly improve the data, that Apple is going to release APIs to make it a platform for other developers who will create integrated public transit apps, and so on. I say... good for them if they can pull that off sometime in the next year, though I don't see how crowdsourcing is going to help with terrible satellite imagery. Meanwhile, the user suffers.

I hope Google releases its Maps app soon.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote