View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Yes, I have the same version. I admit to be in two minds when I read the intro(s) as to whether it was genuine, fictional, or indeed a mix of both. I was particularly unsure about Morgenstern, and whether he genuinely existed. I eventually came to realise it must be made up, but I did find it fun to read, though I kept wanting the story for real to start.

I really enjoyed the humourous style that Goldman employs. Very much up my street. The story itself was fun and engaging, and I am looking forward to seeing the movie, if it is indeed better than the book.

I was a little confused over the inclusion of Buttercup Baby (in this edition, at least). Whilst I understand that it forms almost an epilogue function for the Princess Bride, it also raises more questions, and leaves more things hanging, than did Bride. For example - do Fezzik and the baby survive the fall from the cliffs? No small matter. I just wished he had taken it further and wrapped up some of the loose ends.

A worthy selection, all said and done .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote