View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Hoping for some further clarification here.

Prefix this with I am using a K3.

Any changes I make to the Preferences > Sending books to devices > Save Template

only affects the Folder and file name structure within the Documents folder of my Kindle ie what I can see when using Windows Explorer,

Any changes I make to the Preferences > Metadata Plugboards

only affects what is displayed on my Kindle screen.

Example: If I include info regarding the series on the send to device template it will include that info in windows exploer but not on the Kindle screen. If I want to display that series data on the actual kindle screen I have to use a Metadata Plugboard.

That all being said does anybody have a suggestion of a plugboard I can use that will display the series as described by chaley

ie {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

and also the shortened author name as described be Sweetpea.

I have been finding that with the full series name, title, and author it obviously doesn't fit on the K3 screen. I did notice that if you hover over it, it shows a second line of text.

Thanks,

Brewjono
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote