View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:01 AM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I find a lot (not all, though) of the DRMed books I've bought are lacking proper covers, or at least they're nothing more than simple text superimposed over a clipart image of a book or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
And to solve my problem, is there any way I can edit on the kobo to add a cover to a DRM book?
No, not on the Kobo itself. The only thing I can think of is stripping the DRM off an ebook. You can then use Calibre to easily add a cover of your own choosing, which is what I've done several times. Past the initial setup, stripping DRM is pretty easy and quick to do, but is also questionable in terms of legality. Specifics aren't discussed on MR, but searching Google with the relevant keywords will usually set you on the right track.

Otherwise, I don't think there's much you can do.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote