View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #229
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I don't understand why people say they cannot back up nook books. I have been using a nook since day one and have all my nook books backed up. Granted you have to locate the folder in Windows 10 where they are stored but once found then there is no problem.
For a while, the Nook app (the only way to download B&N books that still works) was removed from the Microsoft store without notice or explanation. Similar to the way that the former B&N Nook and Nook Study programs just stopped working one day.

Then once the app came back, downloads just stopped working for a while. That was a technical glitch I believe. It seems to be working now.

But B&N has a history of changing DRM schemes, stopping downloads and blocking their programs without warning.

When was the last time you purchased a Nook book and removed the DRM? As far as I know it still works, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to suddenly stop.

Quote:
Also you can read standard Adept DRM books on a nook, so I think there strategy was to lure those users over to them.
My point was I'd like to see B&N ditch their proprietary DRM and just use Adobe DRM (and allow downloads of the books from their website, like they used to).
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote