View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #91
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd go with "With friends like these, who needs enemies?"
That would be if you look at from the Amazon competitor's point of view.

Amazon probably prefers the Nietzsche quote: "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger." The current crisis being just one of many factors over the years.

Every time Amazon's biggest foes come up with a scheme to "destroy" them, Amazon ends up with less and less competitors and more and more revenue.

Like when B&N decided to drop Nook prices to near cost, even though their build cost was higher than the Kindle2. Amazon not only matched and undercut Nook, they introduced a cheaper reader with a better screen and used it to get into the advertising business that is by now a multibillion dollar business by itself. More profitable than books, too. And several dozen big electronics companies that were looking to get into the ereader business (Samsung, Acer, Asus, and many others) shook their heads and abandoned the US market and shortly afterwards tbe eink market altogether.

I can imagine the Adobe ADEPT program manager banging his forehead against the nearest wall.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote