View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The next release of Calibre should be a bit more robust in this department - I believe user_none is extending the list of input formats which preserve soft scene breaks on input, and heuristics has had some improvements added to attempt to detect the difference between soft scene breaks and vertical whitespace. Things which are detected as actual scene breaks will get styled so that the ereader won't break the page on a soft scene break - one of my pet peeves that I see even with professionally published ebooks. Instead (assuming the reader supports css correctly), you'll always have a couple lines of text above the scene break.

Lastly there will be an option to convert soft scene breaks to 'hard breaks' (as named in this thread) with some ornamentation. Basically either convert 'soft' breaks to hard breaks, or convert vanilla '***' style breaks to something a bit fancier of your choosing.

Last edited by ldolse; 02-01-2011 at 05:58 AM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote