View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 01:10 AM   #34
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Since the eastern half of Australia is on fire and volunteers from all over the place have gone to help fight it maybe the library is short-handed. Or maybe they're spending money to help out. Or maybe they're just having financial problems.

Their motives for discontinuing that service could be anything, honorable or not. Until we know it seems a bit silly to criticize.
Thank you Barry!! I started reading this thread and one of the first things I thought was, "What if they are busy or otherwise occupied with the FIRES?"... Then I couldn't believe I had to get all the way to PAGE 3 of the comments for ANYONE to have even said anything about it.

It remains to be seen if it will be offline indefinitely or is just a temporary thing. Could be their power or internet provider is down or any number of things... but I'm sure eBooks are not on the top of most Australians' list of priorities right now...
teija is offline   Reply With Quote