View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post
The problems is that in the index, what is displayed is 頭 (and only that). I would like to display the kanji *and* the reading when the index list is being displayed. In other words I would like this displayed "頭 【あたま】"
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that, because my old K3 doesn't have the Index feature, but AFAIK, it's not possible to display both the Kanji and the Furigana in the index unless you add "頭 【あたま】" as a dummy headword or a dummy inflection, and you'd probably end up with both "頭" and "頭 【あたま】" in the Index list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post
If you look-up 首, the Kindle will jump to the entry for 頭 (head) which is incorrect ... it should have gone to 首 (neck).
Unfortunately, when it comes to dictionary features the Kindle is a big step backwards because it offers fewer features than Mobipocket Reader, which will display multiple entries for one search term.
That's an unfortunate limitation of the Kindle that you can't do anything about other than complaining about it to the Kinde developers.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote