View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #332
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
You *add* weight to Caecilia? Then it's going to be ridiculously fat, IMHO. It's just right as it is. Wish that all fonts had this weight. Caecilia Condensed is just a narrower version of Caecilia; but it could be that the Kindle narrows the actual Caecilia font by itself, instead of having a "real" condensed version.

Don't know; my ereader is one of the few devices for which I don't feel the urge to root, jailbreak or hack it I just read, and that's it.
:
Not fat at all just nice and dark and very readable. I have 3 sizes I am currently testing. I jailbroke my K4S it's expendable and grab the fonts from it. The Condensed version is a real font file but there is no difference from the regular version when you open them in Word and put them side by side they are identical. To get a condensed version I could add weight to I had to play around a bit but I got it very close and added more weight to make it easy to read. The line spacing is on three! As you can see if I put it at two it will be too close together. There got to be a way to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CaeModified.png
Views:	447
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	100363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Condensed Version.png
Views:	512
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	100364  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote