View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #73
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
I've tried the Mighty Brite gooseneck-style light, and I found it way too heavy and unwieldy (mine took three batteries, so that didn't help with the weight. maybe there is a better one?).
I have quite a collection of book reading lights. I used to buy them like new bookmarks. Of the MightBright collection, I have the XtraFlex2, the Classic, the PocketFlex and the TravelFlex. I like the color temp on the Classic best. It has a tiny incandescent bulb, but uses four batteries and is quite clunky. The XtraFlex2 is just too heavy. I don't like that one for anything portable. I keep it clipped onto the reading rack on my StairMaster. The PocketFlex is okay, but the bulb isn't shaded from my eyes sufficiently, and it's good to have as an extra. My favorite is the TravelFlex. I didn't think I would like the design but because I often read in landscape mode, it worked perfectly with my Sony readers. If you clip it onto the spine of the cover, then turn the reader to landscape mode, the battery case of the TravelFlex rests on top of my index finger making it so I don't have to grip the book, because it's perfectly balanced just resting on my hand.

It's a little hard to explain, but of my book reading lights, the TravelFlex is definitely my favorite, even for regular books.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote