View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #24
Fringecup
Enthusiast
Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Sony Reader 600 Touch Edition
I don't use cookbooks on the ereader much, but I have a lot of them. I got most of them from Project Gutenberg. Some are from companies while some are old specialty ones, such as ones on making candy or on preserving meat, etc. The most interesting 2 are "The International Jewish Cookbook", with 1600 recipes, and "Bohemian San Francisco - its restaurants and their most famous recipes", which has recipes from "Del Monico's" a restaurant made famous in the old "Have Gun Will Travel" t.v. series. It was written around the time of the S.F. earthquake and discusses famous eateries from before the quake.

My Sony 600 is great for use in cooking, as the e-ink screen doesn't suddenly switch off or run out of power, and I just enlarge the print to a size that's easy to read while standing up over the counter. Works like a dream!
Fringecup is offline   Reply With Quote