Thread: Font sizes
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
blvd
blvd began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch
Hey, thanks for your reply. Actually you were a great help.

I just heard about this Sigil this morning. I downloaded, installed and set to work on one of my favorite novels that I had converted with the Aspose plug-in for Word. A big book (250,000 words and close to eighty chapters) that really slowed my device down and drained the battery in nothing flat. No pleasure.

Anyways, due to your reply, I was forced to actually view the CODE. I was really hoping to avoid that because I know just next to nothing about html and had never heard of CSS until today. But it worked out for me. I just deleted the very beginning CSS tags? that instructed about various fonts and sizes. I retained a few for italics and some centering I had done. Then I broke the document up into Chapters, applied Header formatting. Et voila! And I even have a TOC! I have to say that this document looks and performs better than some that I have purchased specifically for the ePub format!

So,I guess what *you* were referring to is all of the css stuff left in the body of the document, clutter. Hey, Stanza and my iPod touch clearly don't care that it is there. But I guess it makes the file size a bit bigger? Perhaps conflicts with other readers, like ADE?
Anyways, thanks again. I am a very happy reader now!
blvd is offline   Reply With Quote