View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #19
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
They do; popularity and relevance were the initial criteria when six stickies were eliminated and one added in the first round of cuts a couple of months ago. The cookbook thread was the only remaining book sticky that didn't prohibit self-pubbed books and would lose either way; if it had the same restriction, it wouldn't have enough posts to qualify. So since it's popular as it is, it was decided not to restrict it, but to remove it from the sticky list.

There will be at least a few more cuts in the sticky list. A shorter sticky list will let any popular non-sticky stay high on the page, including the cookbook thread. We're trying to strike the right balance.
Thanks for the explanation. Since the deals are so time-dependent, it doesn't make sense to me that any of the genre deal threads are sticky; I'd rather see the newest threads first. But if they are to remain and be pruned, I hope the selection process is logical

Please keep the Kobo coupon thread sticky though, as I check the first post before making any purchase. And thanks to pdurrant for maintaining it
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote