View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Finally got myself a reader but Calibre not recognizing it...

Hi.

I finally picked up a reader. I got a PRS-500 used, locally. It has the latest firmware installed and is empty of all books, etc. I am running Linux version 0.4.89. The device knows it's plugged in as it says as much on the screen of the reader but Linux does not seem to be recognizing it. It there something more I need to do other than install linux? Do I have to install a driver? When I run the prs500 program I get this:

Code:
kevin ~/builds/calibre/pkg/usr  $  prs500 info
Unable to find a connected ebook reader.
Any ideas? I am itching to try out my new reader and don't want to have to resort to using the Windows. :-(

Thanks,

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote