View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Tim; I tried an experiment. I saved the SQLlite database; added a single PDF, let the Kobo process it, and then compared the databases.

I found a single row added to the content database.

And like you all I saw was a row with contentType = 17.

I am not that familair with PDF based eBooks. Do they even have a cover image in them?
I figured out the issue. I have been doing the wrong query. I am so used to dealing with databases built by people who don't know the purpose of an index I overlooked a very nice one.

This query is wrong and slow:

select Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID from content where ContentID in (select distinct volumeId from volume_shortcovers)'

This query is correct and fast:

select Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID from content where BookID is Null'

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote