View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
Book Hunter
Book Hunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ToC Twisty Icons in Kindle

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Calibre or Kindle - but I'll post it here.

I can edit the ToC using Calibre and see 'twisty icons' used for Heading 1. Twisty icons being the little triangle which, when clicked, will expand or compress the Heading 2 and other lower level entries. These are brilliant for things like making a compilation of short stories or even novels.

But when I convert from epub to mobi using Calibre, to view on my Kindle - the twisty icons are no longer visible and all of the ToC entries are displayed (expanded). I know Kindle books support this feature, because I see it in books I've bought directly from Amazon.

I've only ever read ebooks on a Kindle, so I'm not sure if the epub edited with Calibre, will show the twisty icons on a supported device, such as Kobo (Kindle supports mobi format - not epub). Also, the mobi format is uneditable in Calibre (and perhaps in other similar PC applications as well).

Is there a way of ensuring these ToC twisty icons can be exported to Kindle, after the epub is converted to mobi? Is there a feature in Calibre for this? Or maybe I need to use another application to convert to mobi and export to Kindle?
Book Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote