View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 03:08 AM   #1
Hunreader
Hunreader began at the beginning.

Device: Koob3 Be Free V60
V60 firmware backup + key modification

I have an ONDA OB600KT reader, which is a HANLIN V60 Italian clone. I updated it with KOOB3 BE FREE firmware from the net, which is a HANLIN V60 Hungarian clone. It works good, I like this firmware.
But, the main function buttons above the QWERY are in different order in this firmware. I would like to change it back.
- The original ONDA firmware is not available on the net.
- I have KOOB3 firmware and I have managed to extract it with Binwalk to 3 files: 103498.? unknown file, ramdisk.img, 700000.? unknown file.
- If I open the 700000.? file in Total Commander, there is a linux system partition in it. I could find the translations, the icons, images, and all files, and a keymap.ini and a keydefs.ini in CR3 folder (coolreader) which are contains key definitions. Also in jinke gui folder there are Keyevents.class and others which are java files. Which is what I need?

My questions:
1. How can I download the original firmware from another ONDA reader? It does not read fb2 files as executable, so scripts not work. I used dd command, but it works on only the mountable partition (user data) and not on the system partition.
2. How can I build back a setup.bin file from my 3 files after I modifying and changing strings, images in it? I have tried mtd-utils, but it make a JFFS2 file, which is not a firmware file for my reader.
3. Is there any way to make reader system partition visible or mountable on Linux pc? So I could make changes in it.

Thank you for your help!!!
Hunreader is offline   Reply With Quote