View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Eugene Humbert
Eugene Humbert began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800 Web Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebook lover View Post
I think that FBReader is a great software to read books on the Iliad because it supports many different types of file format. Maybe it is a lack of resources or other reasons, the update patches of fixed bugs are not immediate enough. But I think the FBReader is great overall!

Right now, the main problem for FBReader is that it lacks the publicity like Mobipocket. Most e-book users know Mobipocket but not a lot of e-book users know FBReader. Perhaps someone should port FBReader onto different hardware platforms, such as Neolux NUUT, Sony Reader, Amazon Kindle, and Bookeen's Cybook, to make it become a more well-known e-book software. The reader itself is great, but not a lot of people know it.
I'm using FBReader because it's the only one available for the Nokia N800 or N810 Tablet. I love this thing... I have wireless networking in my home, and I can go in any room, sit down, and use this to browse, read mail, or just sit and read a book. I've been sticking mainly with the .html versions of most books because the images are at least available with that format. Unfortunately, most formatting, and most links DON'T work. Some do, most don't. All in all, I'd love to see a MOBI reader for the N800, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I ditched my palm because it was too small for my old eyes. The N800 is just right!

Gene
Eugene Humbert is offline   Reply With Quote