View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
I disagree most vehemently with the concept of Tau day. First, I am too old to learn new math. Second, Pi makes sense to the elders. Consider a hat maker or brassiere seamstress. How do they set the diameter of a hat or bra? They take a tape measure and wrap it around the object of interest. With a single factor (1/Pi), they take that circumference and turn it into a diameter. Of course, I am so learned that I can just look at/feel a breast and tell you the correct cup size. (It is a complex process, involving volumetric estimation, and my sensitive hand). Lastly, why give up another Greek letter for a constant that is already been spoken for? I want to reserve Tau for a constant of nature that I may discover, such as the perfect shape of a breast (in 3D), or the dimension of the universe.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote