View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #4170
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm still pretty unhappy with Dana Stabenow for the really bad cliff-hanger in Bad Blood, and the subsequent less-than-redemptive (IMO) Less than a Treason - the two previously most-recent books in her Kate Shugak series. So I've been avoiding the newest title, No Fixed Line. Now, however, it has dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK, and I'm tempted to give the series one more chance at redemption, mostly since I really really liked most of the books in the series, until recently. We shall see.

Anyway, here's the info on the sale...

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K8VTXZ4

Spoiler:
Quote:
'Fans will hope this series goes on forever' Publishers Weekly

.... though there is no fixed line between wrong and right,
There are roughly zones whose laws must be obeyed.

It is New Year's Eve, nearly six weeks into an off-and-on blizzard that has locked Alaska down, effectively cutting it off from the outside world.

But now there are reports of a plane down in the Quilak mountains. With the National Transportation Safety Board unable to reach the crash site, ex-Trooper Jim Chopin is pulled out of retirement to try to identify the aircraft, collect the corpses, and determine why no flight has been reported missing. But Jim discovers survivors: two children who don't speak a word of English.

Meanwhile, PI Kate Shugak receives an unexpected and unwelcome accusation from beyond the grave, a charge that could change the face of the Park forever.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote