View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Thank you so very much! This is so very helpful. I can now use CC again, not as great as before, but still usable. I deleted CC, reinstalled, copied books from Calibre using wireless, and I can find them in the author's list again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yea, I've been running into the same issue. I think the issue is triggered if you try to connect and download books in two different ways, at least that what triggered it for me on my iPad mini. My solution is to remove the app, re-install the app, then download all the books again.

We all know that the current release got put out by mistake and for some reason the person who took over the project is having trouble finding developers to fix the problems. It's a very unfortunate situation. I wish we could somehow roll back to the previous release, which at least seemed to be stable.

Until these bugs get fixed, I guess the thing to do is don't do things that trigger the bugs. I've confirmed that one behavior that triggers the issue is
1) download most of the books via wireless.
2) then download a few via content server
3) delete a book downloaded via content server

so, now I've got both my devices more or less working correctly, I'm just going to make sure I only use wireless to download my books. I use content server when I've loaded some new books into Calibre, but don't have my iPad by the computer.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote