View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Kat89447
Kat89447 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I agree with the two types of kindle people thing. I don't have first hand knowledge of any but Kindle, but if you want a Kindle to read books then there is none better. I would highly recommend and have recommended kindles to many friends and family. If you are the type to want the extra goodies like touch screen, color, more web browsing, in other words something more similar to a lap top or cell phone then look elsewhere. I am sure that one of the new readers will fit your needs better. I wouldn't recommend a Kindle to that type of person because they will not be happy. I may be in the minority but I don't want all of that for my reader, I just want to be able to find a book, download it, and read it without having to worry about someone tweeting me midstream or a pop up. I also love the fact that my battery lasts a long time. So yes, I would recommend the Kindle to someone that wants a library in the palm of their hand and no if they just want the latest gadget that does the same thing as their laptop or cell.
Kat89447 is offline   Reply With Quote