View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
ScanTailor doesn't handle PDFs directly. It is a program to postprocess scanned pages. You should disassemble the pdf into images first, then convert them into jpeg/png/tiff and only then add them to ScanTailor. Under linux:

pdfimages filename.pdf f
mogrify -format png *.pbm

And the files are ready for use in ScanTailor. Then you assemble the output files of ScanTailor with another program - e.g. gscan2pdf or djvusolo. I would prefer to process the files from archive.org in this way, even if they were ready out of the box for Onyx M92. The procedure allows you to trim unnecessary white margins, center text and straighten up tilted pages. The new file is usually more neat and reader-friendly than the original.
So this takes how many hours of processing before you can do what you bought the reader for: reading.
And why does a tablet have no problems given you have the appropriate apps installed?
You are telling me I have to use four different programs and spent several hours before I can actually read "problematic" PDFs ...
So this seems to be for people with a lot of patience and a complete disregard of time.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote