View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #4088
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, now. Only 3 books read (although a fourth should be added today), and now 10 books bought/borrowed. Of those, at least 3 break my unofficial rules - they are not the next unread book in a series - maybe more than that given that a couple of the others are for my chronological SF challenge and are some way off. I have mostly stuck to my wishlists, at least.

On the other hand, one of them was one that almost got away last year:

A few months ago I went to a local second-hand bookshop, and they had a really nice hardback copy of The Other Wind by Ursula Le Guin (in fact, they had the whole set, I think, but the last one is the only one I need). I thought about it, but the book was £3, and the ebook was £2.99, and why would I want to pay extra for the inconvenience of a pbook, even if it is a nice one? The very next day (I think) the ebook went up to £4.99, where it has remained ever since.

I was quite annoyed.

Anyway, I went back today, and discovered that they still had The Other Wind, although there was no sign of the other Earthsea books, so I went ahead and bought it this time.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote