View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't have Windows 7 but I'm guessing, like Windows XP, it has a Hide extensions for known file types option. Having this feature checked hides the extension but will still show the file type as Database File.
Yes. Win7 has the option, and it behaves as you describe.
Quote:
I always uncheck this feature because I want to actually see the extension.
So do I. T'is a mystery why that option is by default 'checked'. I 'support' my extended family, and have had to deal with may questions of the form "The file is named foo.doc, but it is opening with excel. Why?" Answer: because the file is really named foo.doc.xls, but you can't see that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote