View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Good point about the initial charge. My comment was really directed at the fact that I didn't have to wait for the Cybook to charge before getting some initial hands-on with it. Once I had my immediate 'fill', I used the AC charger to give it a full charge.

Day 2 update:

I've been using the Cybook inserted into the psuedo-leather case during the day. As others have reported, the effort to hit the 'page advance' is not as easy as when out of the case. It doesn't take much for the tip of my finger to get sore. I think that Bookeen could solve the problem by making the square cutout in the case larger so that it would be possible to hit the page advance straight on instead of from the side.

When used out of the case, page turning takes about the same effort as does the iLiad. Though since I'm left-handed it's not as 'natural' for me to one-hand the reader and change pages as it is with the iLiad.

This thing is still amazingly light. I've taken to removing it from the case while reading in bed...it's much more convenient for me that way. Reading at night while in bed is a noticeably easier experience.

I have experienced one 'page forwarding' problem so far. (this with a mobi book) When it occurred, the page jumped further than it should have.....but when I backed up the text was flowed differently. I also notice with interest that the time to execute the page turn was noticeably longer. I have seen this exact same behavior with my iLiad. So.......I'm now wondering if there is a mobipocket bug when the reader goes to read the next chunk of text......

The lack of page numbers (vs. the pageometer) hasn't been a big deal, as I thought it wouldn't. I still have enough of an idea as to where I am in the book to satisfy my 'need'.

I am still trying to get the feel for the smaller screen and adjusting the font size for a best reading experience.....but it's looking very much like I will be selling my iLiad. (anyone interested? )

-more later,

Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote