Thread: TOC Formating
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you don't want 2 lines in the TOC, how is using BR with a span Destroying anything?

When I am done, the Books chapter head looks exactly the same.

There is another solution that can be accomplished with a 2 line REGEX capture:

<h4> is the word "Book" and the book number e.g. Book (.+?)</h4>
<h3>(.+?)</h3)
<h4 title="Book \1 - \2">Book \1</h4><h3>\2</h3>
On the contrary, using <br/> works perfectly. It is using css to style header tags as inline that does nothing constructive. Hence why my post was in response to RbnJrg, not you.

"Styling it for inline ... destroyed the whole point of having two header tags, by forcing them to appear on one line"

Sorry for the confusion... I was leaping to your defense, but may not have spoken clearly enough.

To clarify: <br/> within a single header tag is awesome, . two headers css'ed into appearing on one line solves nothing but adds a bonus problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote