View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #98
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
See, but that's what gets me.
First, the device is advertised as having WIFI. So what's the point of measuring battery life with WIFI off?
Second - and much more important - 28 hours is NOT 8 weeks. Had they said 30 hours, I would not have had a problem. But attempting to translate that into weeks is, at best, an attempt to obfuscate things. And assuming half an hour of reading per day is certainly going for the low end.
I keep WiFi off for the simple reason that I have absolutely no use for it. I transfer all my books using USB, and I never use the web browser. Why would I want to have WiFi switched on?

As far as the half an hour a day goes, there's no "assuming" involved. It's what Amazon clearly state in their battery life specification: 8 weeks at half an hour a day; that's 56 x 0.5h = 28h.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote