View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
lindsayw
Author from pBook days
lindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle-3-Keyboard; 8" Android Tablet
Thanks, Jellby... I DID try using "clear:both" pretty much exactly as you suggested, but the deeper problem is the lack of comformity between 90% of Readers or Reader apps, all using the ePub file format that DOES recognise the "float" command, and Amazon's Kindle, which uses the MOBI format that does NOT recognise "float", but still has a strangle-hold on 90% of the eBook market. It's a dilemma. You don't want to write 2 versions of every page that needs illustrations... that just gets too hard to manage.

The Work-around: In the end I just edited the illustrations to make rows of images (similar to those shown in my signature) no more than about 300 pixels wide – about a half an average "page", then placed the synopses below that. It looks ok in either format, which is the main thing.
Code:
<4-cover image>
Short synopses of 4 novels
<3-cover image>
Short synopses of a trilogy
<2-cover image>
Short synopses of a duology

Last edited by lindsayw; 08-31-2011 at 08:18 PM.
lindsayw is offline   Reply With Quote