View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
Yes, they were bad movies. Peter Jackson milking the franchise for all he can.
Don't blame Petey for that. Poor guy accidentally changed the business model for movies. He struggled for years to get a studio to invest in producing two Lord of the Rings movies (originally, that was all he thought he could get).

When that became so successful and he wanted to follow-up with The Hobbit, the studio demanded it be expanded into a trilogy.

Now, one thing I do blame PJ for is needlessly amping up the action to cartoon levels. The mountain pass where the stone giants were fighting and the barrel ride both made me throw up my hands. They weren't just different from the book, they were ludicrous. Fat homebody Bilbo made Indiana Jones look like a wimp.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote