Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #21
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Rev. Bob. doesn't crash on my windows machine. Note that you can test that dialog more easily with

calibre-debug src/calibre/gui2/metadata/diff.py
Using that testing method, I've narrowed it down a bit further. Apparently the bug only happens when the mouse pointer is over the dropdown menu. Further, I must emphasize that it does not happen when scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Basically, it happens when I use the mouse to click on the Tags field, nudge the pointer down out of my way (but still over where the dropdown will be once it appears), set the mouse aside to type, and use the down-arrow to scroll instead of reaching for the mouse again.

But yes, I can still reproduce the bug quite reliably over here. The pointer location was the missing datum.

As noted, this machine is running 32-bit Win10, and I have not tested the behavior on either the 64-bit or portable builds.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote