View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just finished this book. Loved it.

There's some lovely cynicism from Bridge which reminds me a little of how I think - such as this:

Quote:
Bridge shifted in the seat and laughed. "You're both missing the fundamental problem with all that shit. You can talk around the issue with flowery language and academic labels but it all falls apart the minute you put it in to practice. Human beings are fucked up creatures. Too much is never enough. Put a man in charge of feeding the poor and he will be eating caviar while doling out government cheese covered in rat droppings. Give him $10 profit by employing American adults and he'll drop them on Skid Row the minute he can get some three-year old in Botswana to make the same product for ten cents. He can't help it. We may have mapped the DNA of humans, but we missed the most important gene of all - the asshole gene. Everybody's got it, every race, every sex, every creed, every country. We're all just gigantic assholes in waiting."
Favourite quote in the book. I still consider Bridge to be "my guy" when it comes to anti-heroes.

Looking forward to the next book in the series.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote