Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #159
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
agreed kenny. I checked the android base on the bluepanther and is the same base like ours. The recovery is so intentionally screwed on our device, to stop people experimenting. I am afraid to do anything rootwise with my device as I am afraid will screw my eink apps as happen on my first device without any recovery option. if at least recovery is sorted we can get people to experiment. the idea is to see how much difference is between our rom and other marvell roms on the same base. Full market was achieved on other marvell devices so I do not see why this can not be achieved. I am fine with the market as the beast kernell gapps work just fine on my PE.
I would kill to get the recovery sorted. I think Robot managed to hack the uboot and recovery otherwise he would have not been able to boot on EINK side.
I wrote him but he did not answer. I think all potential devs where so alienated by Entourage as they do not want to touch this hardware anymore.
Shame. I am thinking if all of us will make a USD10 donation we may get somebody interested to work on this as a paid project?
Or should just stop and use my working PE and have the borked one for spares....
BTW how difficult is to change the lcd in those devices?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote