View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread, but..... I'm planning to buy a PRS-650, (when they will eventually be on the market again ...) !

I would like to know if there is a possibility to find an english-portuguese (or french-portuguese) dictionary to this reader ! It seems that Sony didn't bother including portuguese in tthey readers -although I'm sure the Brazilian demand will certainly be very big for this kind of things !

...but... would there be a possibility to get an EXTERNAL dictionary and include it -like any book- in the reader ?

Just wondering/hoping...

J-P.
The Sony PRS-650's dictionaries are accessed by double-tapping on a word in an e-book, or via HOME -> Applications -> Dictionary. The dictionaries are not affected when the internal memory is formatted, so my guess is they are stored in read only memory. If you add a dictionary, just as you would any e-book, then it would not be possible to look up a word in the dictionary e-book by double-tapping on a word in another book. To look up a word in the other e-book, you would need to have both e-books open and then switch between them. It would be clumsy, but I suppose it would be workable. I don't know of any good bilingual Portuguese dictionaries, in e-book format.

If you are unsure where files are located, then you might find this helpful:

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-23-2011 at 10:49 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote